Annual General Meeting & 15 Year Anniversary Celebrations Announced!
The Annual General Meeting ('Meeting') and 15 year anniversary celebrations of the IIBA Phoenix Chapter ('Chapter') will be held on Tuesday, November 9, 2021 starting at 6:00 pm (MST).
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Chapter will be holding the Meeting as a virtual Meeting, conducted via Zoom, where all Chapter members, will have an equal opportunity to participate and engage with the Board of Directors ('Board').
Items of business for the Meeting are:
- review of activities for the fiscal year, including a brief overview of the 2021 financial statements
- consideration of the proposed revision to the Chapter Bylaws, for approval
- elect members to the Board for the positions that are due for re-election
- to transact any other business as may be properly brought before the Board
- 15 year anniversary celebrations
The Board positions that are due for re-election are:
- Vice President (mentee position) - No present incumbent
- Secretary - Present incumbent, Debbi Levin
- VP of Membership - Present incumbent, Sheila Young
- VP of Communications - No present incumbent
- VP of Professional Development - Present incumbent, Lesa King
- VP of Volunteers - Present incumbent, Jason Zeikowitz
- Director at Large - No present incumbent
The candidate who receives a simple majority of votes shall be elected and will serve for 2 years with the exception of the Vice President and the Director at Large, who serve a 1 year term. All Board member positions are voting positions, with the exception of the Vice President, which is a non-voting position. Details of Board responsibilities can be found here.
Nominations are now open for the above stated Board positions and we encourage all Chapter members that are in good standing to consider a position for themselves. If you are interested in a position please email Lesa King for more information and note that all newly elected Board members will have the full support of the existing Board, who will mentor and guide you, as you learn your new role. The submission deadline for nominations is Monday, November 1, 2021 at 4:30 pm (MST). Elections shall be conducted completely via a virtual ballot and members in good standing will receive a link for the ballot by Wednesday, November 3, 2021. Voting will close Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at 6:30 pm (MST).
It is only through the active participation of our members, the sharing of combined knowledge and experiences that the IIBA Phoenix Chapter can continue to grow. Be a part of the solution, by nominating yourself for an available position, particpating in the Meeting and voting. It matters!