Professional Development Meeting - A BA and PM’s Guide to Navigating an Agile Transformation with Jeremy Wood
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT WILL CLOSE ON MONDAY, JUNE 13, 2022 AT 6:00 P.M. MST
5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Arizona Time Zone (8:30 p.m. EST - 11:00 p.m.)
- 5:30 – 6:00 Professional Networking
- 6:00 – 6:30 Welcome, Chapter Update & Mission, Speaker Learning Objectives & IIBA Knowledge Areas, and Guest Speaker Introduction
- 6:30 – 7:30 A BA and PM’s Guide to Navigating an Agile Transformation with Jeremy Wood
- 7:30 – 8:00 Q&A, Job Share, PDM Schedule, & Social Networking time permitting
Overview of Presentation:
Most organizations are either starting their Agile Transformation or are well into their transformation by this point in 2022. Depending on where they might be in their maturity journey, BAs and PMs often find themselves in new and uncertain territory. Does my job title change? Do my responsibilities change? I might not even see my job title in Agile frameworks even identified, so will I still have a job in the future? How do I add value in this new way of working? These questions often are uncertain or unanswered, which can create uncertainty or anxiety as we move forward. We will discuss these questions and more as we better understand how your roles and innate skills provide immense value in the future ways of working in any organization. Come with an open mind, questions on how that might apply in your organization, and be open to the art of the impossible as we look towards the future together!
IIBA Knowledge Areas:
- Business Analysis Planning & Monitoring
- Elicitation and Collaboration
- Requirements Life Cycle Management & Communication
- Requirement Analysis and Design Definition
- Solution Evaluation
- Underlying Competencies
- Clearly articulate the difference between responsibilities in Agile vs Waterfall.
- Identify best practices in Agile transformations as a BA.
- Identify how to support (or transition to in some cases) the product owner.
- How to support various Agile roles such as Scrum Master, Product Owners, and Teams.
- Requirements gathering in an Agile environment.
Jeremy Wood leads the U.S. West Market and serves as the Director of National Agile and DevSecOps Practice at MATRIX. Jeremy has over 20+ years of management, consulting, and academic career spanning from small companies to Fortune 10 organizations. His expertise spans from his diverse background encompassing manufacturing, retail, higher education, non-profit, K-12 education, healthcare, waste management, non-profit, genetic research, and airline industries. His passion for creating tailored solutions for each client is largely based on his passion for the Agile mindset. With a focus on outcomes and overall business agility to adapt to ever changing market changes; he leverages best practices from popular Agile frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, and XP to scaling solutions including SAFe, LeSS, DaD, Nexus, and Scrum at Scale. Jeremy has organizations define products, identify and align value streams, create product roadmaps, and shifting organizations to focus on customer problems, rather than becoming a feature factory. He emphasizes the importance of adopting an Agile mindset across the entire organization, not just IT; where true business agility exists.
A special message from your board: We value every participant's health and want to continue to offer valued PDMs as we go through this extraordinary time together. Once registered, the call details will be sent before the event. Please make sure you enter your email address upon registration. If you have any questions please reach out to the firstname.lastname@example.org. We will hold PDM’s online until we feel that it is safe to resume in-person events. We will continue to have valuable speakers to support our chapter!!
NOTE - To register for this event as a 'Member' you must be signed into the Chapter website. If you are an IIBA Member and this option is not enabled for you, in the page menu above, click on SIGN IN and sign in using your IIBA credentials.