Professional Development Meeting - "Complementary roles: Project Managers & Business Analysts" with Lessita Villa and Brittany Gilbert
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT WILL CLOSE ON MONDAY, APRIL 10, 2023 AT 6:00 P.M. ARIZONA TIME ZONE/MST
5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Arizona Time Zone (8:30 p.m. EST - 11:00 p.m.)
- 5:30 – 6:00 Professional Networking
- 6:00 – 6:30 Welcome, Chapter Update & Mission,Guest Panel Speaker Introductions
- 6:30 – 7:30 "Complementary roles: Project Managers & Business Analysts" with Lessita Villa and Brittany Gilbert
- 7:30 – 8:00 Additional Q&A if needed, Job Share, PDM Schedule, & Social Networking time permitting
Overview of Presentation :
- Participants of this session will learn about the benefits of strong collaboration between project managers and business analysts. They'll also learn about four proactive steps they can take to help develop a strong working relationship with project managers.
- Self-assess their experience and knowledge as it relates to a project in preparation for collaboration.
- Navigate a meeting with a PM to identify roles and responsibilities for the project based on each other's skills and experiences.
- Identify places where communication could go awry.
- Use a variety of strategies to evaluate their role and collaboration with a PM at the conclusion of a project.
Dr. Lessita Villa began her career in K-12 education in south Phoenix and is a Teach for America alumna. She first joined ASU as faculty in the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College in 2011. During her six years with the Teachers College she supported certified teachers and teacher candidates through the Sanford Inspire Program. In 2017, she joined the Starbucks Initiatives team at EdPlus as a Project Manager. Over the years she has continued to support corporate partnerships within EdPlus and is currently the Director of the Partnership Operations. Lessita received both her masters and doctorate degrees from Arizona State University and is a proud Sun Devil.
Brittany Gilbert is currently a Senior Business Analyst at EdPlus at Arizona State University, and has been with the university for over 3 years. Her work has been focused on supporting ASU Online through software development and API integration projects. She has a background in multiple industries such as sports management, live entertainment & events, non-profit and education. In all industries, she has loved the challenge of solving business problems and collaborating with various teams to develop innovative solutions. Brittany is most appreciated for her communication and interpersonal skills alongside strong technical knowledge. She is committed to being a lifelong learner and takes pride in providing excellent leadership, training, and mentorship to new and existing team members.
A special message from your board: Once registered, the call details will be sent before the event. Please make sure you enter your email address upon registration. If you have any questions please reach out to the firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to have valuable speakers to support our chapter!!
NOTE - To register for this event as a 'Member' you must be signed into the Chapter website. If you are an IIBA Member and this option is not enabled for you, in the page menu above, click on SIGN IN and sign in using your IIBA credentials.