Professional Development Meeting - Collaborative Games Techniques with Judy Alter
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT WILL CLOSE ON MONDAY, JANUARY 10, 2022 AT 6:00 P.M. MST
5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Arizona Time Zone (7:30 p.m. EST - 10:00 p.m.)
- 5:30 – 6:00 Professional Networking
- 6:00 – 6:30 Welcome, Chapter Update & Mission, Speaker Learning Objectives & IIBA Knowledge Areas, and Guest Speaker Introduction
- 6:30 – 7:30 Collaborative Game Techniques with Judy Alter, CBAP®, FLMI, ACS, PCS & HIA
- 7:30 – 8:00 Q&A, Job Share, PDM Schedule, & Social Networking time permitting
Collaborative Games Technique
There are about 50 techniques used in Business Analysis. Most people only commonly use four or five of them either alone or in combination with another method. Collaborative games help to allow various stakeholders to understand an issue or a solution better. The games may be used to understand a problem or design a solution. The facilitator must be neutral, so all the participants will play a role. We will review ten different collaborative games that are not in the BABOK. Most are at a high level, but one of them will be an interactive, hands-on activity.
- Styrofoam Cup – Ice-Breaker and to encourage creativity
- Spider Web – Where the service, project, or product fits
- Hot Tub – Understand innovation to transform a product
- Start Your Day – Wide variety of thoughts on a specific topic
- Planning Poker – Uncover assumptions and estimates
- Start, Stop, Stay – Gather feedback; common use is a retrospective
- Dot Voting – Value of features
- Buy a Feature – Prioritize features or requirements
- 20/20 – Ranking of priorities and why
- Speedboat - What needs to improve
- How to use collaborative games for elicitation sessions.
- When to use which collaborative game.
- What is the ideal number of participants for collaborative games?
Judy Alter, CBAP®, FLMI, ACS, PCS & HIA Bio:
Judy Alter is a public speaker, coach, mentor, trainer, and Senior Business Systems Analyst with over 17 years of experience in Business Analysis.
Judy rebranded herself as “The Optimistic BA” and is known as charismatic, optimistic, humorous, and is a successful leader. CEO/Owner of Judy Alter Speaker & Business Analysis Services LLC Present.
- Mutual of Omaha Insurance Companies 11-5-84 to 3-1-20
- IIBA Leader since 2012 where she has served on many roles
- IIBA Global Chapter Council Chair September 2017 to Present
A special message from your board: We value every participant's health and want to continue to offer valued PDMs as we go through this extraordinary time together. Once registered, the call details will be sent before the event. Please make sure you enter your email address upon registration. If you have any questions please reach out to the firstname.lastname@example.org. We will hold PDM’s online until we feel that it is safe to resume in-person events. We will continue to have valuable speakers to support our chapter!!
NOTE - To register for this event as a 'Member' you must be signed into the Chapter website. If you are an IIBA Member and this option is not enabled for you, in the page menu above, click on SIGN IN and sign in using your IIBA credentials.