October PDM - Cyber Security Panel
Please join us for the annual IT Security Panel - one of our most popular events of the year!
Bio for James Baum
James Baum is an experienced information technology and cyber security professional who currently manages the Cyber Security Services team at SRP which focuses on operational and incident response activities. Besides having 20+ years of combined experience in these fields, James also has a Master’s degree in Information Management from the W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University as well as enough industry-related certifications to wallpaper a small house. Although technology and technical understanding play a key role in the cyber security field, James firmly believes in the power of communication to help people and organizations more effectively defend against, and respond to, modern cyber threats.
Bio for Kevin Branch
- Today, I participate in multiple Cybersecurity community and organizations: Like “We Protect Phoenix” “International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2” “FBI’s Infragard” and “Cloud Security Alliance”
- I have recently attended security conferences such as: DefCon CactusCon OptivCon and other local chapter meetings from ISC2
- Professionally and currently supports Ports America “Information Security Team” as Cybersecurity Engineer. Role is to implement and improve the Security Posture
- Spent prior 3 years with CenturyLink Security Implementation team, Integral part of the project spinning up “Adaptive Network Security”
- 2 years with Level 3 Communication prior to CTL merger: VPN, Dedicated Internet circuits, Converged Data Networks, Feedback & Improvement during Migration of Lvl3 & Global Crossing.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Group for network & warranty support
- Bachelor of Science from DeVry University, Network & Communication Management 2013
- Before changing to IT & Networking career path: Spent 2 years at Lockheed Martin as Electrical Aircraft Wiring under the C-5 Modification Program
- 6 years of Avionics System Craftsmen majority of my time here at Luke AFB.
Bio for Kim Resch
Kim is a global entrepreneur, a speaker and a business coach. For over 25 years, she has worked Hands-On with the biggest brands in the world through her company, Creative Commerce Group, to create innovative, game-changing products. This includes; MasterCard, Visa USA, American Express, Discover, Silicon Valley Bank, PetSmart and McDonalds and the US Army. She is author of “Cyber Watch Dogs” and is a vetted member of Infragard, a partnership between the FBI and the private sector for daily info sharing and has a certificate from HarvardX in Managing Cyber Risk.
Kim's presentation is titled; "Thriving in Business During the Digital Revolution"
She will discuss how AI, Machine Learning, Robotic Processing Automation, and Digital Security are changing our daily business life.